Wednesday, March 3, 2021

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW



As y'all know, skincare is a huge part of my life. If I'm not working with clients in my skincare business, I'm either learning about skincare or using it myself (sometimes simultaneously!). The rest of my time is spent between cups of coffee and glasses of wine, but that's neither here nor there. Point is, skincare isn't merely a hobby for me.

I've tried many brands over the years, and if you're a person who has ever scrolled through Instagram or strolled through Sephora, you know that there's no shortage of them. I was introduced to Image Skincare while attending Atelier Esthetique Institute in NYC and was impressed with the size of the line. They offer a ton of options. I use several of their products in my regular routine and it's been a staple in my studio since my business began. But of course, no line is completely perfect. I started looking for another line to add, but it needed to check several boxes. I needed a professional, affordable line that offered more mask options and couldn't be too similar to Image so that I could ensure that there was enough variety. I discovered Skin Script, which is one of the most affordable, effective, education focused skincare brands I've ever heard of. There's a reason it's so popular with estheticians. For years, I used those two lines in the studio, but I still felt something was missing. Both Image and Skin Script are great, but in my opinion they don't offer enough products that are geared toward sensitive skin. In early 2020, I discovered Hale & Hush, which is a brand that focuses on sensitive skin, and I loved it so much I bought every product they offer. I was almost perfectly happy! Almost...

Options are important to me. I love to be able to help improve any skin issue that comes my way. And even though the three lines I'd been using were great, I still felt like I wanted more. Enter Circadia! Circadia is a well respected brand, and for good reason. Its founder, Dr. Peter Pugliese, "was the first physician of his caliber to dedicate decades of research to understanding the skin and its ability to deliver clinical and relevant information on product development." In short, he knew his stuff. Circadia's lab actually creates the formulations for many of skincare's top brands, including theirs of course. From their website:

    Circadia professional skincare is based on the skin and body’s natural Circadian rhythms. Chronobiology, the biology of time, is based on the principles of defending skin from damage during the day, and stimulating repair during sleep, and is at the core of our concept. Circadia has been a pioneer in bringing the concept of Circadian rhythms to the health and wellness industry.

Circadia’s formulations combine pure botanicals, stem cell technology, second generation vitamins, and innovative peptide development to achieve optimal skin health and beauty. The Circadia Collection offers unique treatment options such as chemical peel alternatives, innovative delivery systems and patented ingredient technology exclusive to Circadia resulted in documented performance. Our concept allows us to deliver science and nature in perfect rhythm.

Cool stuff, right? Okay, enough of that. Let's get to the good stuff-the standout products!

Micro Exfoliating Honey Cleanser: my god, this cleanser smells like heaven. I know that it says "exfoliating" and it is (due to the little beads of natural beeswax), but you can press the product together in your palms to reduce the beads and therefore the exfoliation. Or if you have super sensitive skin, you can alternate using this cleanser with another. Trust me, you're going to love this. It'll be in the treatment room very soon and I'll prove it to you!

Chrono Calm Serum: When I put this on my skin for the first time, I was shocked by how amazing it felt. It's not too thick or thin, and your skin immediately looks and feels better upon application. A gorgeous glow that also soothes irritated skin, plus reduces redness and dilated capillaries. Probably my favorite serum I've ever tried from any line, if I'm being honest (which I am, of course).

Light Day Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 37: I'm picky about sunscreens. The only one that I truly have loved before is Image Skincare's Prevention+, but I absolutely love Circadia's just as much. It has a lighter feeling on the skin than any SPF moisturizer that I've tried, and exclusive stabilizers that help to reduce the irritation that some sunscreens can cause. It's perfect for everyone, and if you've tried a ton of sunscreens and haven't been happy with any of them, I bet you'll end your search after taking this one for a spin. 

AquaPorin Hydrating Cream: This cream has a bunch of effective hydrating agents, which (obviously) boosts skin's moisture and helps prevent TEWL (transepidermal water loss). Basically, it's great for achieving and/or maintaining a healthy skin barrier and keeps your skin feeling hydrated and soft.

Bright White Serum: If you have pigmentation issues, this is your best bet. Pigmentation is not an issue that can be solved once a month in the treatment room. You absolutely have to have products in your skincare arsenal to combat it and you have to be religious about sunscreen application to make those products even worth buying. If you're serious about reducing pigmentation and willing to dedicate your life to SPF and hats in order to achieve those results, this is the serum for you.

Myo Cyte Plus Anti Wrinke Serum: This serum stimulates the regeneration of collagen and elastin, which are key to youthful looking skin. Now, I always like to include a little reminder that aging is a completely normal process and there is nothing wrong with it. However, I like to do my best to slow down that process and many other people feel the same way. If you're one of them, this serum is a great addition to your routine.

Vitamin C Reversal Serum: Even if you're just a skincare newbie, you've still likely heard about Vitamin C's importance to skin. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, helps boost collagen production, helps brighten, helps boost your SPF...it's kind of like skincare's little black dress. Every skincare line has a Vitamin C product, but not all are created equal. Some people react to Vitamin C because it can be strong, but this serum has been formulated to reduce the likelihood of that happening-yay! I'd bathe in this Vitamin C serum if I could.

I could go on and on, but there are way too many products for me to discuss. Feel free to check out Circadia's website and see what they have to offer. There are also some great before and afters if you want to see the magic for yourself.

I will slowly be adding Circadia products into the treatment room and I can't wait for you to experience them. I've received amazing feedback about the cocoa enzyme and the marshmallow whip mask used in February's specials, so I have high hopes that you'll love the line as much as I do. I've personally tested several professional only products and am very much looking forward to getting them on your faces! In the meantime, if you have any questions about Circadia or want to add some of their products to your routine, please let me know. I'm happy to help! Ordering is super easy, and a little birdie has told me that anyone who gets an order drop shipped to them also receives a free at home facial kit...message me for details!

love & lipstick (& SPF always),

Cherrie

cherriedarlingbeauty.glossgenius.com

instagram.com/cherriedarlingbeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment