Wednesday, April 29, 2020

ROUTINES ARE IMPORTANT

On my last blog post, I talked about the differences between professional and OTC products. I hope that you learned a thing or two! Today, I thought I would expand on the importance of using professional products by talking a bit about skincare routines in general. I have accounts with three different professional skincare companies (in order to make sure that I have options for EVERYONE), so I'll be breaking down a sample routine for each. Of course, there is no one size fits all when it comes to skincare. I've struggled with finding a way to highlight products on my social media accounts because I don't want a random person scrolling by to think that a particular product will be their saving grace when their skin type, conditions, allergies, sensitivities, lifestyle, amount of sun exposure, etc. isn't being taken into consideration. For instance, there are many great products for lightening hyperpigmentation (a fancy word for dark spots) out there. Unfortunately, if you aren't being guided by a professional, you may purchase it thinking that it's a miracle in a bottle. You could be perfectly diligent in making sure that you're using it twice a day, but not realize that your efforts are futile because without daily application of SPF, those dark spots would just get worse. Yikes! However, I do want to highlight the fact that it's possible to have a basic (three product) skincare routine that is easy and relatively affordable. What products to use will differ from person to person...these are just examples!

Let's start with Image Skincare. I've used their products for many years, and have seen great results on both myself and my clients. I used to absolutely love their SPF, but their new formula is just...not good. And since Image retails that product for $44, anything less than spectacular isn't going to cut it (I'd also never suggest something to y'all just to make money-if I don't believe in it, you will always hear me say so). I always recommend using an SPF, but because of this reformulation, you won't see one listed here (see my other lines for SPF options, or check out the super popular ZINC IT OVER SPF Mist from seriouslyfab.com). A simple morning routine could be Vital C cleanser (my price: $24/6 oz) followed by Vital C Hydrating Intense Moisturizer (my price: $51/1.7 oz). In the evening, use that same cleanser and follow it up with Ormedic Balancing Bio Peptide Creme (my price: $55.50/2 oz). Total cost: $130.50.

I've been using Hale & Hush products for a little over a month now, and I have to say, I'm obsessed. As a redheaded, pale, freckled gal, sensitive skin was quite literally built into my DNA. H&H was developed for sensitive skin (though it treats all types of skin with potent ingredients-there is no fluff here), and I love it so much that I'll be buying the entire line once it's time for me to reorder. So many of the products were formulated to repair the skin's barrier, which is really the first step in transforming anyone's skin. A basic morning routine would be to cleanse with Quiet Wash ($21.95/3.3 oz) and follow it up with their Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($31/1.7 oz). For evening, cleanse with Quiet Wash and apply Vital Lipid Lotion ($49.95/1.7 oz). Total cost: $102.90.

Last, I'd like to introduce Skin Script. I've used several of their products in my treatments before (many of you have commented on your love for that refreshing spritz of Cucumber Hydration Toner!), but I've finally added their entire line into my system! Skin Script was developed by estheticians and I love their approach not just to the products, but to their company in general. Their price point is amazing, plus many of their products are offered in multiple sizes, so if you're on a tight budget, this is the place to start (though FYI, using smaller sizes obviously means going through them faster). In the morning, grab the Pomegranate Antioxidant Cleanser ($10/2 oz) and follow it up with Sheer Protection SPF 30 ($24/2 oz). In the evening, cleanse the skin and apply Ageless Skin Moisturizer ($15/2 oz). Total cost: $49.

Are these prices higher than what you'd find at the drugstore? Absolutely. But the ingredients and delivery systems of those ingredients make a difference (again, see my last blog post for more information). Plus, you only need to apply very little of a professional product to achieve maximum results-they should last you several months. If they don't, you're using too much! Just like our mothers told us in regard to the makeup you put on for 8th grade picture day, less is more (okay fine, maybe that was just me, but it's still true). Of course, if you're using a product twice a day, it will go twice as fast (i.e. cleansers, eye creams, etc). Reach out to your skincare pro for guidance on what is the proper amount for you.

Yes, if you have special skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, acne, wrinkles, etc., it's likely that 3 basic products are not going to cut it-you'll need a few other products thrown into the mix. But having 3 basic products is a great way to start your professional skincare journey. You can build on those products and not only correct skin issues, but prevent future ones. My own routine has several more products and steps, but skincare is my profession (and my passion!). Once you make the switch to pro products and see the results that they can make, you'll see why it makes sense to invest in them and you'll be passionate too.

Home care has always been a vital component of reaching and maintaining your skin goals, but since the entire service industry is shut down right now, it's the only way to do so. My Magic 8 Ball keeps saying "Reply hazy, try again later" regarding the future of my business (and therefore providing treatments), but designing the perfect home care regimen for you with products that I stand behind is one way that I can continue to be of service to you. If you are interested in investing in your skin, please reach out to me. I'd love to see if I'm the right fit for you!

Lastly, to my dear clients: I hope that you are all staying safe and healthy. I certainly miss having my hands on your faces, chatting with you, and being a little slice of relaxation in your life. I don't know what the future holds (damn Magic 8 Ball), but I will let you know as soon as I do! Sending you all a great big giant e-hug.

love & lipstick,
Cherrie

P.S. Are you more interested in WAXING related info and products? Well then boy do I have a blog post for you! Coming soon<3

No comments:

Post a Comment